Pages

Monday 8 November 2010

Scrappy Button Mandela

 
Here is my finished scrappy hoop for 'The Scrappy (Hoops) - a Modern Swap'. I have called it 'Scrappy Button Mandela. A Mandela is a kind of prayer wheel that aids meditation.
It is my first hoop attempt and I am really pleased with it. I pieced the middle circles then needle-turn appliqued the fussy-cut points and the last ring of the circle. Then I added some buttons and some french knots.
 Here is the back, fussy-cut applique again with some more french knots (I love the way they look!).
It is heading off across a big ocean with a few goodies - fabric, teacup buttons, a wee crochet/felt heart and a reindeer Xmas decoration. 
And of course, the best bit about swaps, I should receive a lovely hoop in return any time soon! The standard in this swap (which is a Flickr group) is really high so I am sure I will get something lovely!

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jo and to your usual high standard! I am sure your partner will love it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your own parcel arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Jo!.. and I am always fascinated with buttons! My grandmother left me a nice collection of beautiful buttons she and her mother had saved ever since she could remember, and I really cherish them!.. The teacup buttons are sweet, and I'm sure your swap partner will be absolutely elated when she receives this package of goodies! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! It would definitely be cherished at my house! I am sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Jo, this is simply stunning. Looks very tricky to do? Love the button embellishments very pretty.

    fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness girlie...that is amazing! How did you finish it in the back, is that glued or stitched? One of my coworkers gave me a couple of books on applique, I am slowly reading and trying to absorb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this Jo!! Just beautiful with all the little details. Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete