Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

A new passion and my first Christmas present

Here is a sneak preview of a new workshop I will be taking in March. I have had a few requests for some more embroidery/applique classes so I thought I would combine them with this 'Embellishment' class.
A bit of applique, a lot of embroidery and an Indian Shisha mirror. I used to use these all the time, even on quilts. They are such fun and Felix bought me a huge bag of them back from India earlier in the year. I will try for a tutorial here next year too, as they are easy once you know how.

I am really pleased with how my embroidery turned out as it has been a bit slap-dash in the past. I have used chain, blanket, satin, whipped back stitch and French knots here and I loved it all! I really want to do more embroidery as soon as possible! I enjoyed the designing bit too.
So that's my new passion, but what about my first Christmas present? Well, I have just purchased a weekend ticket to the Fat Quaterly Community Retreat, in London, June 2012!!
I am SUPER excited to be going to the first FQ sewing retreat and getting the chance to meet lot's of my bloggy pals for real. Check out the website for details and maybe you can come along too?! I hope so!
(Christmas present courtesy of my Dad and my hubby - thank you xx)

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE the combination of applique and embroidery! I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll get to meet up in June yay!!
    I love those mirrors. Before I started quilting I used to sew patches of fabric straight onto some ready made cushions and embroider the centers. I used lots of these little mirrors as well - good times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so excited for June!!
    The embroidery is super pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful embroidery Jo, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'll get to meet you in June then :)
    Your Embroidery/applique is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new passion is yielding beautiful results! I love it.
    Slightly jealous about the trip to London - I have my fingers crossed there will be one the following year and that I'll be able to go to it. What a fabby present and something you can really look forward to. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodie! Another bloggy friend I'll get to meet in London! Lovely embroidery btw! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, that hoop looks absolutely fab! I'll see you in London too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Christmas present - I'm sure you'll have a super time (wish I was going)
    Your embroidery looks fantastic it should be a superb workshop - something different ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that hoop is right up my alley!Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gorgeous hoop Jo :-) See you in London baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's beautiful. Embroidering is on my 'to learn' list for 2012 - hope I can make something as awesome as this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow thats so sweet.I like it!!!


    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the embroidery! Have a great time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hoop looks like a great idea for a class! I've been trying ti find more ino about the retreat. There isn't much on the FQ site, do you know what you are getting for the money?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your embroidery is beautiful,lovely and colourful,the retreat sounds lots of fun ,enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. See you in June! Lovely embroidery.

    ReplyDelete