Pages

Thursday 17 September 2009

Baby Ewan's Cot Quilt




Finally getting a chance to write something here! Don't seem to have been able to catch my breath in the last few weeks. Very frustrating as I have SO much to talk about and share!
I will start with photos of the now completed cot quilt for Michelle and Gordon's new baby (they of the double wedding ring quilt featured a few months ago).
The quilt was actually finished a few months ago as I needed time to finish the Hot Air Balloon Cot Quilt at the same time (as both babies were, inconveniently, due together!).
It is quite a simple affair with patchwork squares alternating with applique animals taken from the Mamas and Papas nursery collection that Michelle had chosen. It is called 'Light of the Moon' and has a collected nursery rhyme theme. You can check out how close I got here
http://www.mamasandpapas.com/range/light-of-the-moon/3764/



I was particularly pleased with the cow and the .... (gulp) OWL!!
(Oh my god, I am serously worried about having a hidden owl obsession that I am in denial about!).















































Here is a photo of Baby Ewan. Isn't he an angel? I spent a lovely hour last week cuddling him!

2 comments:

  1. Ewan enjoyed your visit today! Thanks again for the lovely quilt, we are very lucky to now own two of your wonderful works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ewan's quilt, look at it every time I visit them! I would love to make something like that.

    ReplyDelete