Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

My new business project

A few weeks ago, when I unveiled my new blog button, I alluded to another reason for needing a new logo. Some of you were very keen to find out what I was up to *cough - Catherine Sewing Attic* . 
Finally I am ready to spill the beans...

We are changing one of the back rooms in our Edinburgh retail store into a permanent craft studio, and myself and a couple of crafty friends will be taking classes there from August!
It is all very exciting, and I have spent the last few weeks producing a prospectus of classes which is now ready to share with you! We will be having full day workshops 2-3 times a week, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. As well as an evening class in Beginners patchwork and quilting on a Thursday.
Jonathan has been busy working his website magic and you can now view all the classes and details here.
I know most of my lovely readers are spread all around the world, and therefore will not be able to attend any of these classes, but there are a few, more local, followers that might perhaps be interested. Especially when I tell you that all workshop days end with a glass wine and a piece of homemade cake!!

We are having a launch day on Sunday 31st July and it would be lovely if any of you local folk could come along! More details on the website.  And the rest of you won't lose out as I will try and share all my classes with you on the blog, if I haven't already that is, as attentive readers will recognise some of the projects on the website. I am planning a regular feature called 'Tales from the Workshop' which will make you all feel as if you really are there (except you will have to provide your own wine and cake!). I am taking a week off in 2 weeks time and will spend that making the rest of the class projects (so everything has a photo).

Thanks for letting me blether on about my new project, I will let you all know how things are going once I start getting some bookings (fingers crossed!).

21 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeek! Very excited! I am pretty much local and am about to hop over to see the website magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new venture - wishing you all every success - if I'm up in Edinburgh sometime I'll be along to visit I promise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure it will be a wonderful success. I would want to run away from home and come to a pin cushion class if you were showing me how to make awesome ones like you make. Wonder how long it would take the family to notice I was gone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, blast! Why do I have to live so blooming far away?
    Although I do, of course, wish you every success I am off to sulk profusely in a corner.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh....you tease....that s@@ks for us folk over the pond!;)
    Best of luck to you missy and yes, I think for us you need to have an online sew-along!;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!
    Wishing you all the best in your new venture - I wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting and fun, wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and good luck! Wish I was local! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huzzah! Yay! Congrats Jo, hope it's brill. Can't wait to see pics. Wish I was local too ...

    and Yay! I see you're doing a house pincushion workshop. How fabtastic. I loved making that sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant. I'm sure it will go very well, people will really take to you and what you can offer. We're away on the 31st otherwise I'd be popping in to cheer you off to a fantastic start.
    All the best and lots of good wishes for a very successful venture. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for you how very very exciting !!
    Looking forward to reading more - cake and cuppa tea in hand!
    And I hope you make lamingtons and neenish tarts for your students ::))

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting, wish I lived nearer!, I'd love to come and join in the fun! I've just done lesson plans for three types of stained glass window style patchworks - any good to you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds exciting! Wish I could be there but Australia is a little too far to commute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how exciting! (I think you've heard that once or twice now!) It well be a smashing success, and oh so very much fun! Good luck Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This all sounds wonderful. If only I was a bit nearer, you'd never get rid of me. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck in your new venture Jo - as you might know, I have being running classes thro here in Ayrshire for 7yrs now and the demand has not faded, nor has my enthusiasm and pleasure from sharing this wonderful craft.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic idea Jo and I'm sure this new venture will be very successful!! I've just had a good look around the website and I'm very impressed with the number and variety of classes available. This sounds all very exciting and fun! Looking forward to hearing the first "Tales from the workshop" :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What exciting news! Sounds like it's going to be fun. I wish you every success with it.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best of luck with the new business, am so jealous would love to have a proper craft business with lessons etc also. Hope all goes really well for you :)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best wishes for the new venture! If only Edinburgh wasn't on the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete