Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Finished Mini Kaleidoscope Quilt

Just in time for the mailing window (and some sunshine!), I have finished the mini kaleidoscope quilt for The Brit Quilt Swap.
Here is the back, with my partners name hidden by some wool.
I did quite a bit of hand quilting with all my coloured perle 8. Because I was a bit disappointed that the hidden circles didn't 'pop-out' of the design as much as I had wanted, I quilted the circles in an attempt to accentuate them.
It is a bit difficult to show this in photos though! I also added pretty coloured buttons to the block intersections. This idea went down well with you all when I suggested it in this post. And I know that my partner loves buttons!
Thanks for all your suggestions about binding, in the end I went for a solid purple. These last 2 photos show the texture better.
On Thursday it will get packed up with the extras I have put aside and straight in to the post first class. Because this is a UK only swap, my partner should have this in her hands by Friday! I hope you love it partner!

17 comments:

  1. Lucky lucky partner. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... someone is going to be very excited when they receive that beautiful quilt!!! Congratulations on such a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful - sadly I don't think I mentioned a love of buttons..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought we weren't supposed to post until 1 July?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, it looks fantastic!! Love the bright colors - lucky partner!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful quilt with all the extra finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The buttons are a greet finih to the quilt. It's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw circles, and circles, and circles - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bright and cheery quilt!

    I love your new use for balls of yarn! *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are wrong missy...I see three little ones that scream at me...I see 5 medium sized ones with squares and buttons in the middle of them and I see a butt load of bigger ones circling all around. FABULOUS!!!!
    I can't beleve you have to give it away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very happy! I am sure your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet ending. I see you are sending away a lot of button love. She is going feel all of the love you put in it and more buttons will come your way WINK! If by chance she doesn't I know a place where it would receive plenty of love. SMILE I have posted another denim quilt but no button love this time though. thanks for sharing janita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a very lucky partner - being a lucky keeper of your last DQS panel I know that this will again be a project lovingly created - it looks super and the colours are great - well done Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the hand quilting and the binding (purple's my favourite colour!). This is the kind of quilt that you just look at for ages and see something different in it each time - mesmerising, just like a kaleidoscope! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! One very lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete