Pages

Monday 1 March 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award


As I said in my last post, I have been awarded a 'beautiful blogger award'!

To accept this award, here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award. Thank you, so much Magueritte! I really appreciate all your support.
2. Paste the award on your blog (see above)
3. Link to the person who nominated you. Magueritte's equally beautiful blog is adventures in quilting and sailing
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself.

Well this is where it gets tricky! But I will have a go...

1. I have grapheme colour synaesthesia, this means I see numbers and letters/words in colour. It's a bit tricky to explain but anyone interested can check out this site. I also have spatial/time synaesthesia but that is even harder to explain!
2. I was held up in an armed robbery on the Isle of Dogs when I was 21! (nobody hurt).
3. I am a huge Beatles fan.
4. Both my eldest son and my husband have Asperger's Syndrome. If you don't know what that is click here.
5. I used to write fiction and even had short stories and poems published. I wrote two novels but they are both sitting in a box somewhere!
6. I started sewing when I was 6 after my sister helped me to make a toy squirrel out of some red, velour, curtain fabric.
7. I went Inter-railing around Europe for 4 months with 2 great friends when I was 20, and had a blast!

Phew! I am actually more interesting than I thought!

5. Nominate 7 blogs
6. Post links to those 7 blogs

I have nominated the blogs I read most often (all except Magueritte's as she nominated me!)

1. Blueberry Park - Karen writes a really inspiring blog about her life and all the things she makes and her online shop. And she has just started making beautiful quilts.
2. Little Cotton Rabbits - I have only recently discovered this blog, the writer has a severly autistic son but still manages to make the most adorable knitted animals!
3. Narrative Self - Steffie is an artist in Cornwall who also makes lovely quilts
4. Ravenhill - This Scandinavian blogger takes amazing photos and makes and sells gorgeous little fabric marytroshkas (excuse spelling!)
5. Sarah London - She is the queen of crochet! wonderful crochet inspiration and patterns, and the best use of colour you will find anywhere!
6. Hen House - A really popular blog, Hen crochets and quilts and has a passion for vintage. Packed with photos of her idyllic life.
7. Molly Chicken - this was probably my favourite blog, though unfortunately Lynn has gone a bit quiet... So good that it is worth taking a note of for when she gets her mojo back.

Well I do hope you all get a chance to visit all these lovely blogs - enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats and thanks Jo for the Award...I'm really touched that my blog is an inspiration to you x Great reading some interesting facts about you too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the award jo, you really deserve it - and thanks for passing it on to me too :) I don't think I've ever been so happy!!! :) Can't believe you were held up in an armed robbery; terrifying stuff - glad you survived to tell the tale! Look forward to visiting the other blogs you've listed too. x

    ReplyDelete