Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

Giant Clamshells


It seems a long time since I showed you something I made!
All my time recently has been taken up with the Stitch Gathering or making stuff that I can't show you yet. And then for the last week I have been either ill or busy organising our Edinburgh Modern Quilt Guild Luke Haynes event (and hanging out with Luke!).
If you are interested I just posted about the evening with Luke Haynes on our EMQG blog here.


So it was with some relief that the latest issue of Love Patchwork and Quilting landed on my doorstep yesterday and I realised I could now share this quilt with you that I made way back in July.


This is my Giant Clamshells quilt. Made out of Liberty Tana Lawn with band of grey Essex linen.
Unlike the cushion version I made last year, this project is all hand pieced (or strictly speaking appliqued).


Here's the back (Kona Azure) and you can see the machine quilting with the lines of sashiko inspired hand quilting above.


I also made an accompanying mini quilt with scaled down clamshells.


This month's issue has some fabulous projects (and I just love the shiny silver type!!), including a gorgeous new BOM from Lynne.


I love the photos they took of my quilt...


... and the mini.


And if you haven't already got your hands on this mag there is still time to take advantage of the amazing subscription offer in my last post!

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely, and I bet that Liberty feels gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the echo quilting at the top and fabulous Liberty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just gorgeous Jo! It's really hard to see the scale when it's in your pictures, but then when it's on the bed in the magazine you realise just how big (and impressive!) it is! The mini is so cute too. Not got my copy of LP yet, hopefully it will be here tomorrow, I can't wait to get a better look then too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, this is a really luxurious quilt with all of the Liberty fabrics. You must be so pleased with it. I do think this is the best issue we have had of Love patchwork and Quilting for a long time, but then I am partial to Christmas crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! The little one on the wall almost looks like a landscape.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab as always jo. I am going to give this a go and will bring my efforts to the improv workshop - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete