Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Too Busy To Blog - part 1

My life is a bit of a whirlwind at the moment and I feel my poor old blog is being slightly neglected. So please forgive me, dear readers, and also all you lovely bloggers whose blogs I usually follow. I just have not had a spare minute over the last few weeks to properly visit and comment on all my favourite blogs, or have much time for posting or Flickr group activities.
I told you a few weeks ago about our new Craft Classes venture at our Edinburgh shop. Well I have been getting that up and running and we have our big launch day next Sunday. So for the last few weeks I have been very busy making all the projects that we will be holding classes in. They all need to be ready for the launch day so that prospective students can view them and, hopefully, book a class.
I thought I would share them with you now in a couple of brief, photo heavy posts.
This tote bag is for an applique class I will be teaching. We will provide the cotton tote bag and lots of design ideas and students will learn how to needle-turn applique with some embroidery to embellish.
These drawstring bags are for the 'Basic Machine Sewing' class.
These little birds are for the 'Basic Hand Sewing' class. They are from a pattern in Last Minute Patchwork and Quilting Gifts book.
This is the Hot Air Balloon Cushion Cover. It is a simplified version of a design I created for this cot quilt that I made a few years ago. This is all machine applique.
The little mouse is detachable. He is quite a basic little mouse but then this all has to be made in one full day workshop!
And here are some more pretty crochet flower corsages for a class I am taking in that.

Well that's your lot for now, I am still busy, busy, busy, so expect another post later in the week with more new projects. And then I will make sure I get plenty of photos of our launch so that I can share it with you all.
And if any local readers would like to come along, I would be so happy to see you! There is 10% off all shop stock on the day plus a free crafty goody bag (with really cool stuff inside!) for anyone who books a class. It is 2-4.30pm, Sunday 31st July, more details on our website.

And one more thing dear readers, if any of your are feeling super kind and generous today and are also Facebook users, would you be total dolls and head over to our new Bearpaw Crafts Classes page and click on the 'LIKE' button please? I would be eternally grateful!! :D

26 comments:

  1. Your classes sound lovely! I'm busy too getting projects designed and made for my new term of classes in Sept. I hope you get lots of bookings. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you've been so busy! What fun classes... wish I could sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classes look great. Have fun with them, I am sure they will book up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that hot air balloon pillow with little floater, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Makes me feel like moving north across two borders!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the balloon pillow - I bet you have fun with the class. C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed for your launch Jo. I have my first workshop next Sunday too and have been toiling for hours over a hot laptop prepping handouts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant, love the little mouse, I'm sure you'll have lots of takers! Shame I'm about as far away from Edinburgh as you can get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the classes! I reckon if you had a selection of figures for the balloon, a child could make a nice little story up, or mums could, to go with that cracking cushion!
    Like Goldilocks and the 3 seperate bears take turns at riding in it ? lol
    Or Pepper Pig and George even!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your launch :o) I'd love to pop over, but alas I have a bear fair I'm selling at in the Lake District, still, I'm sure you'll have loads of visitors and bookings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the applique on the tote bags - so cute. It would make a great little bag for parties too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You need to take these class on the road so we can all attend, LOL. Some lovely stuff there, well one. I've one the [like] thing on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This all sounds super exciting, good luck with it all and don't stress about your blog, life's like that sometimes! Done the "like" thing on Facebook - when do I get the cake?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely projects to get people started with sewing etc. I appliqued a similar blank calico bag with a shoe design for a friend's birthday recently. I used fusible though and haven't tried needle-turn yet. Good luck with the classes - I'm sure they'll be fun!
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've made some lovely projects for your classes! The crochet flowers are so pretty, would love to learn how to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how wonderful and I wish I could attend your classes!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked your page on FB, but what I really "liked" was the hot air balloon pillow cover. Is there a pattern or tutorial to it? My daughter would love to make it with me. She is 5 1/2 and is learning to sew. Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Jo, these projects are fantastic, I will be thinking of you as you get these classes going. Have fun amongst the busyness!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful post! Nice looking bag. All of the bags are really beautiful. I love the design of the bag. It’s nice! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many kind of perfumes and deodrants are available on these discounted coupons sites which we can't find in the market, so its really helpful to attend these cite daily.
    Greek Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog. I love your blog by the way, I am gonna have to add you to my list of watched blogs

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this is perfect I have seen your beautiful blog I am really impressed by your work this is very amazing blog and also machine embroidery design. digitizing

    ReplyDelete