Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Felix gets his quilt!

Do you remember this quilt? I went on about it quite a bit back in April / May. It is my eldest son Felix's 21st birthday quilt (which I eventually named 'The Colour Picker Quilt') which I made while he was away travelling.

Well it was his 21st birthday on Friday so he finally got to receive his special quilt. And as you can see by his happy face, he really loved it (phew!).
 
I have been very taken up with birthday celebrations over the last week or so as, not only was Felix 21, but my husband, Jonathan, was 50 yesterday! So we had a big party at the weekend which was a great success despite the unpredictable Scottish weather!
I also have all my family staying in 2 nearby cottages as it is also my sister, Jane, and her husband Barry's Silver Wedding Anniversary!
So that is my excuse for being so quiet recently. Things should start getting back to normal soon (after a bit of a detox), and I can share with you a small backlog of crafty stuff!

18 comments:

  1. Wow - this is one awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt. It's something that will never date so he can keep it where ever he ends up in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt and being a mac user, love the theme.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is amazing!!! How fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant - he does look thrilled, and so he should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on such a fantastic finish... your son looks very pleased indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt and congratulations for you son!
    Hugs from Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing this quilt again reminds me it is one of my very best favorite quilts, ever! Lucky Felix! Happy birthday to all and an anniversary wish too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Felix's quilt!
    Details please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Felix - a lot of middle-aged ladies have been coo-ing over your quilt - don't have nightmares!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo, lovely, you could take it everywhere and use it to pick wall colours, outfits etc etc Happy Birthday Felix, I'd keep a firm hold on that quilt, or it'd get snatched by one of us so-called middle aged ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fab quilt. When I gave my daughter a quilt for her 21st, my son, 19 at the time said "please don't make me one for my 21st!"......he has since happily received one for no obvious occasion and I am sure would have been delighted by one like Felix's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, really, how could he NOT love it?!?!? It is probably my favourite quilt ever! And happy birthday, Jonathan! (Help ma boab, are you knackered? If not you should be!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously how could he not LOVE that quilt it is GORGEOUS !! !! !!
    Happy birthday Felix and Happy birthday Jonathon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the quilt too - gorgeous.

    Happy birthday to Felix and Jonathon; and happy anniversary to Jane and Barry.

    We had a year like that in 2007: DD's 21st, both of us turned 50 and it was our 30th wedding anniversary! We went away on a special holiday to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a fantastic quilt -- and a perfect one for a 21st Birthday Boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see youve put hs name on it - to stop unscrupulous lusters (?) from absconding with it I suppose, sigh! He does look suitably happy with it!

    How are the lessons going?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's fab, the computer geek in me recognised it immediately lol Hope your liver recovers from the celebrations soon ;o)

    ReplyDelete