Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Eeeekk! Look at this adorable quilt I just received!

The post man was my best friend today when he brought me a parcel containing the quilt I really wanted in the FLQS. This absolute beauty from Lucinda (LucyEllen06).

When I saw this in the group pool I totally fell in love with it, and it seemed to be so perfect for me (owls, buttons, spiky points) that I completely set my heart on it. And I am so pleased that I wasn't disappointed!
This is the Fab Little Quilt Swap on Flickr, which has been so much fun. Look at all the beautiful hand quilting Lucinda did on this quilt!
This is a little owl dressed up as a gnome! Or is it a gnome with an owl face? I just love it!
And look at all these extras she sent me too! A button tin full of goodies - thread, needles, stickers, alphabet stamps, vintage buttons, a cute little ladybird stapler, shisha mirrors, a Japanese pattern book...
 AND that cute little owl pincushion!! Thank you SO much Lucinda!
How sweet is this little label on the back?
I am so in love with my little quilt, I just can't stop looking at it and stroking it. I think I will hang it in my bedroom so I can keep it close. Thank you Lucinda for being such an amazing, perfect partner!

10 comments:

  1. Oh that is a beauty Jo!! Knew you would get a brilliant one! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's absolutely fab, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is a true treasure to be sure!!! Just adorable!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic - looks like you are all set for the next batch of workshops ;o) as well as having a beautiful mini quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I love all the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaahhh wow what a beautiful gift so much love and attention has gone into it. Enjoy it, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous little quilt - Lucinda has a great eye for colour. And she's generous too - the extra goodies are amazing!
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete