Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

Further Across The Sea

The lovely ladies of the Cherish Circle of Do Good Stitches Charity Bee have made a splendid job with the Far Across The Sea blocks for my month as quilter.
I provided a tutorial and more info on this block in this post.
It was lovely to receive little parcels of patchwork loveliness from all over the globe in the mail. Last weekend I finally got them all sewn together.
I am particularly keen on some of the funky/retro fabrics that have cropped up in these blocks. I asked the circle to use blue, green or turquoise fabrics. I love the look of the top so far and can't wait to get started on the quilting (soon, soon!).
I thought you might like a quick look at the other recent months of this very creative circle. We have been practising lot's of HST's!
Above are blocks for Kay's Wild Waves quilt for April. Can't wait to see this put together with all those jewelled flags waving about on the white!
And these were for February and Kim. This is going to be a stunning, all solid, pixielated quilt. I could spend hours looking at all the blocks and quilts being made on the Do Good Stitches Flickr group - so much inspiration there!
And I am really pleased that this gorgeous 'heart' quilt that our circle made last year is being donated to the wonderful Siblings Together group that Lynne has organised, once Anne has finished quilting it. I have been feeling very bad that I can't contribute to this project at the moment (have to get this charity quilt finished first!), so this has absolved my guilt a little.
At the moment I am crocheting like crazy to get my Psychedelic Granny Circle crochet blanket finished for a birthday deadline. Here is a wee sneak peek, but expect a big unveil next week!
NB I have now put together an inspiration pack of some of the wools I used to make this blanket which you can buy at our website here

8 comments:

  1. A post full of lovely things!! I love the ATS quilt - the colours are fabulous!! And the crochet looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some lovely blocks, and the grannies are looking mighty fine too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! you have been a very busy bee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granny squares are fabulous. And the ATS has come together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez woman you don't have time to be blogging! Go, crochet, crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All looking great! Especially the solids HSTs. Hope you get the blanket finished on time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Far Across the Sea quilt is lovely - who'd have thought a simple design in blues and greens would look so good! The Wild Waves looks like a tricky block but on closer inspection I can see what you've done - it's a very effective result.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these quilts are so beautiful and different! Your granny squares make me wish I could crochet

    ReplyDelete