Pages

Thursday 3 May 2012

I will be the envy of FQ London...


...with my beautiful name tag!! How gorgeous is this little embroidered badge made for me by Emily of Strawberry Patch Blog?! I am participating in a name tag swap for the Fat Quaterly Sewing Retreat in London next month (so excited!!). I hadn't even started mine when this exquisite little thing popped through my mailbox (I still haven't, shh!). I totally agree with Emily that 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery', she saw my latest Woodland Embroidery and recreated part of it here, but in minature! Those stitches are so tiny and beautiful. I love the little bespectacled owl, and the ric rac. I am in awe of your lovely neat embroidery Emily!
 
Even the back is gorgeous! Thank you Emily, I am completely in love with it and have even been wearing it around my shop and will wear it at my workshops too. I just don't want to take it off, it makes me so happy!
I finally got the 2 embroideries that I received in the Hoop Up! Stitch & Send Swap into suitable hoops and photographed together with my original inspiration piece. They look so good together. I must add that they won't stay permanently on my barn door, but it was too dark inside to get a decent picture so I pinned them up here for a bit of (rare) evening sunshine.
This adorable little lion was made for me by Dolores. I just love everything about this design, The felt leaves, the tree bark, the little owl with his chevron feathers and press-stud eyes! And especially the lion with his little heart tattoo. Thank you Dee!
And from Leila came the sweetest little fox clutching a star! He looks so cuddly and cute, and I love the design with those gorgeous leaf wreaths and cute little pink flowers. I did very well in this swap and loved every minute. I still have one piece left but I will be handing that over in person in June so I have a few weeks yet *gulp*. I better get on with that name tag!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a lot of eye candy you have today!
    The name badge is so cute, just adorable, and the hoops are lovely, some very talented ladies in that swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are pleased with it! It was a pleasure to make for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That name tag is divine! Emily got you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily is one clever and talented lady!
    And your design was inspirational! What a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that nametag fits you to a tea...get it...tea?:) Ha!:) Perfect thing to wear while at the shop too and versatile with the pin sewn on the back...now you need some fun pins on your lanyard!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. todo hermoso como siempre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great name tag! Besides the lovely stitching, the pink ricrac is the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's fabby, we'll definitely know it's you. Oh wait, I already know you lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous nametag. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Help ma boab, that nametag is just YOU, innit? And your hoops are so nice all together, lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The name tag is so nice and lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  12. That name tag is gorgeous!! You'll be wearing that with pride! Love those hoops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The name tag is lovely and so are the embroideries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of it is adorable--and that is a fun name tag! Did you see this month's Threads magazine? There's a little section on all the fabric/sewing shops in London.

    ReplyDelete