Pages

Thursday 3 August 2017

My very own Aurifil Thread Box!!


I have had a few very exciting things to share recently - TV appearances and Bookazines - but I have kept the best and most exciting announcement till last!

I now have my very own Aurifil thread collection box!!!

This is such a dream come true for me, I love Aurifil and I love colour so choosing 12 shades as a collection was such a joy! When I had to name the collection all I could think of was sweeties, especially refreshers, so I came up with Sherbert Dip.


I have included my favourite shades for piecing and quilting, all in 50wt, alongside some lovely variegated threads as I use these so much for FMQ. I also hoped to highlight my 'signature' colour palette here, and though I do like to use pretty much ALL the colours I think this is a good representation.


I am currently working on a quilt (a wall hanging really) to accompany the collection and here is the top (it is slowly getting quilted this week). I am calling it Shangri La Sherbert as it was inspired by the sunsets we get behind our line of poplar trees (this is a very impressionistic interpretation!) but using the collection's colours.

I am planning on taking it to FOQ for the Aurifil booth. I will also be on the Aurifil stand (C1) on Friday afternoon, and at 2pm you can catch me doing a demo. More details on this next week!

I will be selling the collection box in our store and online but I won't have stock till later in the month as all the Italians are on holiday in August!

4 comments:

  1. Great news Jo! These are all my favourite colours and the box looks so delicious! Fantastic quilt project! I love quilts with 'picture', nature and colours so this is super! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say that I love the quilt you have on the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you've made it in the industry when you have your own Aurifil thread box. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on having your own collection of aurifil threads a lovely range of colours. Looking forward to seeing this wall hanging at FOQ and seeing your demo.

    ReplyDelete