Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Sewing Quarter - my first appearance...



...is on Saturday!

The Sewing Quarter is a shopping channel focusing completely on sewing (dressmaking and patchwork mainly) which launched in January. I've been 'promised' since the beginning but my distance from the studio (in Birmingham) and trying to sort out projects and kits has meant it's taken this long to get me on!


I went for a screen test in March and this screen shot is from that and from a VT they put together to promote the show, you can watch it on my facebook page here.


The programme starts at 8.00am on Saturday morning when I will be demonstrating Cathedral Window. They've put together a kit to make this cushion which includes lovely Tilda Circus fabric.


I've just finished making all these samples this week, along with step samples for the programme.


I'll also be showing this larger block version of Cathedral Window. The kit for this one includes this gorgeous Kaffe Fassett 'Sunshine' selection.


This is a small quilt, measuring around 38in square and is based on the Jumbo Cathedral Window I designed previously (but these blocks are a bit smaller).


At 10am I will be doing a second demonstration for my Improv House block using Dashwood Studio's Paper Meadow fabric.


 This one is based on my Homebody Quilt from Love Patchwork and Quilting a couple of years back. Again it is just a small quilt at 40inches.


I had fun with one of my favourite FMQ designs, spiral flowers.


This kit also contains enough fabric to make this cute 14in wall hanging!


So what are you doing on Saturday morning? Fancy learning some new techniques? Maybe buy a kit?! Or just watch to see how I do!!??

If you can't see it then or are overseas you can watch the whole thing on the Sewing Quarter's YouTube channel later in the day.

Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. so good to read you are finally making an appearance! Have fun, good you are on at 8am as we have our MQG meeting tomorrow but will be able to watch before I go and record too . Love Cathedral window but only ever done a sample piece best of luck, wonder if your side kick will be John or Melissa will see in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this, although I will be watching later on YouTube because of work commitments. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting up to record now as I am sure to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! And I'm so glad you're doing the cathedral window first.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally got around to watching this Jo, and you're great! I always thought cathedral windows was a hand project. A lady in my trad guild taught it that way. I love this machine method, and making it bigger. The Kaffe versions is stunning! Really, they both are. Your demos and explanations are excellent! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got around to watching this Jo you are a true lady gaga

    ReplyDelete